Terms and conditions
These standard terms and conditions apply to all online reservations made with our establishment. Customers acknowledge that they are aware of and agree to these standard terms and conditions. Reservations are only possible if customers indicate their agreement with them. Customers may save and print off these standard terms and conditions.
All our advertisements, web pages and offers are drawn up in good faith on the basis of available information. Maps, photos and illustrations are shown for information purposes and are not contractually binding. They may be subject to alteration before a reservation is finalized. Customers authorize us to correct any obvious material errors in the information provided to them by us.
The prices shown at the time of a reservation form the total price of the service that is sold, including taxes, charges and other sundry costs. Where there are supplements, they are clearly indicated before the service is reserved. Customers authorize us to correct any obvious pricing errors.
Customers choose the services presented by Lightopia Brussels. They acknowledge being aware of the nature, purpose and reservation procedures for the services available in the regional marketing tool and having requested and obtained the requisite and/or additional information to make their reservations in full knowledge of the facts. Customers bear sole responsibility for their choice of services and for the fitness thereof for their purposes, such that we bear no liability in that regard. Reservations are deemed accepted by customers upon completion of the reservation process.
Reservations made by customers are made using the virtual reservation form that is accessible online in the reservation tool. Reservations are deemed made upon receipt of the reservation form. Customers undertake to fill in all the information needed for a reservation prior to making the reservation. Customers attest to the veracity and accuracy of the information they provide. Once the final choice of services to be reserved has been made, the reservation procedure comprises the following steps up to validation: input of bank card details where a deposit or down payment is required, reading and acceptance of the standard terms and conditions of sale relating to the service(s) rendered and, finally, validation of the reservation by the customer.
Acknowledgement of receipt of the reservation
The reservation tool acknowledges receipt of the customer’s reservation and confirms it by immediately sending an e-mail. The e-mail confirmation of the reservation summarises the contractual offer, the reserved services, the prices, the terms and conditions of sale relating to the selected tariff and accepted by the customer, the date of the reservation made and the address of the establishment where the customer can make any complaints
Right of cancellation
It is pointed out that, under section VI.53 of Belgium’s Economic Law Code, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance, the customer has no right to cancel in the case of a reservation:
- of accommodation other than for residential purposes (such as holiday accommodation),
- of transport,
- of care hire,
- of meals services and services linked to leisure activities.
We collect your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”). The personal data that you provide is necessary for processing your reservation and is essential for management and provision of the services (section 6(1)(b) of the aforementioned regulation). To these ends, your data may thus be passed on to our partners; the reservation tool, online payment service providers, service providers established in third countries. In particular, when making online payments, the customer’s banking details will need to be sent by the payment service provider to the establishment’s bank for the purpose of performing the reservation contract. We only make use of partners guaranteeing a level of protection complying with the principles laid down in the GDPR. With your consent, your data may also be used by us to send you our promotional or commercial offers by e-mail or post. We retain your data for an undetermined amount of time. As a person whose data is collected, you have a right to access, rectify, erase your data as well as a right to oppose the collection of your data. These rights can be exercised by sending us an e-mail stating your full name and address and the matter on which you are writing. Your complaints regarding the collection and processing of your personal data may be sent to the relevant regulatory authority.
Possession of a lightopia festival ticket implies that the holder of the ticket agrees to the terms and advice set out below and implies a commitment by the holder to accept them.
1. These conditions should be read together with all other statements and/or guidelines which appear either on the ticket or on the Lightopia Brussels website www.lightopia.be
2. All tickets purchased are not refundable under any circumstances
3. For all tickets purchased to which a discount code is attached, the discount cannot be added retroactively
4. Visitors must arrive at least 15 minutes before their entry time and last entry to the festival is at 8.30pm
5. The route is accessible for wheelchair users and pushchairs
6. Dress for an evening outdoors in winter. Visitors are advised to wear warm clothes and suitable shoes. There are no lockers at the venue, so visitors will not be able to store bags or large items. Scooters, skates and bicycles are not allowed on the venue
7. The Lightopia Festival is open regardless of weather conditions, but in the event of extremely bad weather, a decision will be made on the day before 3pm to close the evening and you will be notified by email.
8. Ticket holders, please show your ticket to the stewards at the entrance on arrival.
9. Visitors consent to the use of photographs or video footage taken of them during the festival for promotional and marketing purposes.
10. NO alcohol or food may be brought into the festival.
11. Private sound systems, illegal substances, legal drugs, glass, fireworks, flares, laser pens, and any other object deemed inappropriate or inappropriate by the organisers will not be allowed on the premises.
12. Please respect the park and use the trash bins provided and help keep the area clean and tidy.
13. No animals are allowed on the festival site, with the exception of guide and hearing dogs.
14. Lightopia is suitable for young children. Children under the age of 4 are admitted to the festival free of charge. Children's tickets are for children aged 4 - 15.
15. Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
16. Official merchandise is only festival merchandise for sale inside the festival grounds. Do not purchase merchandise from unofficial vendors.
17. No commercial trading is allowed on the festival site without written permission.
18. If the festival is cancelled on a particular day, customers will be offered another day to attend the festival.
19. Under no circumstances will duplicate tickets be issued if you lose or damage them. Keep your tickets well, print them out and take them with you. You must not resell tickets. It is strictly forbidden to attempt to resell a ticket prior to or at the festival site under any circumstances.
20. Photography and filming of the festival is allowed and feel free to post on social media and promote the festival. However, filming with a drone is not allowed unless agreed in advance and written permission is given.
21. It is against the law to smoke in enclosed areas, please observe the signage around the festival grounds.
22. The organisers reserve the right to apply any restrictions/conditions deemed necessary to ensure safe management of the festival site before and during the event.
23. The organisers reserve the right to change the terms and conditions in accordance with new laws, legislation or internal company policies.